Friday, July 28, 2006

No longer mourn for me when I am dead
Than you shall hear the surly sullen bell
Give warning to the world that I am fled
From this vile world, with vilest worms to dwell:
Nay, if you read this line, remember not
The hand that write it; for I love you so,
That I in your sweet thoughts would be forgot,
If thinking on me then should make you woe.
O, if (I say) you look upon this verse,
When I perhaps compounded am with clay,
Do not so much as my poor name rehearse;
But let your love even with my life decay:
Lest the wise world should look into your moan,
And mock you with me after I am gone.

William Shakespeare.

Hmmm… it is Shakespeare season in India, with Omkara releasing in the near future. The first adaptation of Othello the moor of Venice, that I have seen was a Malayalam film called kaliyattom. In the movie, Othello is played by Suresh Gopi (who won the national award for his performance in the film), Desdemona by Manju Warrier.
Omkara has Ajay Devgan as Othello and Kareena Kapoor as Desdemona. Not that I am film critic or anything, but when there is a scope for a gr8 script and some good performances, you have some idea of the actors who would fit the role. Saif Ali Khan seems to be the perfect(my pick) choice for the role of Iago. Hmmm.. I really don’t think I would waste my time and money in watching the movie for one too many reasons. The performance of Kareena Kapoor vs Konkana Sen, I know these two actors are not in the same plane, but nevertheless, would be rather hideous. And it’s nothing new for Ms Kapoor to play a romantic femme. Second the movie will definitely not be close to the Malayalam version of the same. Third the movie would definitely have an item number, Bipasha basu is also a part of the movie. Next reason would be a character completely wasted in Cassio, played by vivek Oberoi. The reasons that fail to beat the many that coerce me not to watch the movie are: Ajay Devgan, Konkana Sen, N Shah.

That’s abt the film critic that I can play. I wonder if anyone ever has read the above sonnet of his. But it is something in day to day life these days. The fact that not many of us ever think of others before ourselves. Not even if they are with us. Wonder what it would be to be in a state where your existence or the lack of it would affect the life of some one who was a complete stranger to you to a great extent. Ok that’s on a serious note… Life, I guess, is like that!

No comments:

 

I just had to put this one up ;)
Guys Like That You're Fun
You're the type of girl guys brag about knowing
That's because you're cool, funny, and laid back
You're smart enough to know how to be one of the guys
But flirty enough to know how to make them all want you
What Do Guys Like About You?




Your Cell Phone Etiquette is 30% Bad, 70% Good
Your cell phone manners are quite good. Not perfect, but almost. Occasionally, you do annoy people with your cell. But when you realize it, you stop.
How's Your Cell Phone Etiquette?




Locations of visitors to this page